FIVE ELEMENT YOGA INTEGRATION SUMMER HALF DAY RETREAT
with Setareh Moafi, Ph.D., L.Ac.
Saturday, July 21, 2018 9:30am to 1pm
Summertime brings joy and an exuberant energy that teaches us to fully embrace the moment. Join Dr. Setareh Moafi for a silent morning of Yin & Yang yoga and meditation guided through the lens of Classical Chinese Medicine. You’ll learn simple and practical tools to adjust your lifestyle for the Summer season and build a foundation for optimal health and well-being year round. Dr. Moafi will also provide insights on the Five Element archetypes to help you understand the Fire aspect within each of our personalities and how it can be balanced during this corresponding season.
Early bird registration $75 through June 22nd, $90 thereafter. 3.5 CEUs in Category 2 by the California Acupuncture Board, provider #0915.
THE YIN & YANG OF NUTRITION: CUSTOMIZING YOUR DIET FOR OPTIMAL HEALTH
with Setareh Moafi, Ph.D., L.Ac.
Saturday & Sunday, August 25 & 26, 2018 12pm to 4pm both days
Join Dr. Setareh Moafi for a weekend exploration of Chinese medical food energetics and tongue diagnosis that will empower you to release the stress of eating the right things while healing your relationship with food. In this workshop, you’ll gain the knowledge and insights to help you make customized food choices that will support healthy digestion, stress resistance, sleep wellness, and weight management.
$160 early bird if registered by July 27th, $190 thereafter. Handouts will be included. 8 CEUs in Category 2 by the California Acupuncture Board, provider #0915.
FIVE ELEMENT YOGA INTEGRATION FALL HALF DAY RETREAT
with Setareh Moafi, Ph.D., L.Ac.
Saturday, October 20, 2018 9:30am to 1pm
As the first Yin season of the year, Autumn begins to guide us toward deeper reflection and changes in both the external environment and ourselves. Join Dr. Setareh Moafi for a silent morning of Yin & Yang yoga and meditation guided through the lens of Classical Chinese Medicine. You’ll learn simple and practical tools to adjust your lifestyle for the Fall season and build a foundation for optimal health and well-being year round. Dr. Moafi will also provide insights on the Metal element, the Five Element archetype that corresponds to the Fall season, and how its aspects can be nourished and balanced within to better understand ourselves and others.
Early bird registration $75 through September 14th, $90 thereafter. 3.5 CEUs in Category 2 by the California Acupuncture Board, provider #0915.
YOGA INTEGRATION WITH DR. SETAREH MOAFI PRESENTS:
50-HOUR YIN YOGA immersion & TEACHER TRAINING
The next round of this training will begin Spring 2019. Please contact us at (408) 244-8565 or firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries.
This integrative immersion and teacher training program is designed for all levels of practitioners and teachers. Though a background in Yin Yoga is helpful, it is not required.
All students will receive a 50-hour Yin Yoga teacher training certificate upon completion of the program. The knowledge and experience gained through this training will enhance your personal practice and prepare you with the confidence and expertise to teach Yin Yoga.
In this training, you'll:
Cultivate balance in your Yang (active) lifestyle and practices through the quiet power of Yin Yoga
Learn the philosophy, anatomy and physiology of Yin Yoga practice from both Western and Chinese medical perspectives
Learn the Primary Meridian and Muscle Channel pathways and their psycho-emotional & physical associations in relation to Yin Yoga
Understand how to sequence a Yin Yoga practice for optimal health
Integrate the Yin Yoga benefits of being and non-striving into your practice, teaching and life
Learn how to prepare your body for Yin Yoga and allow it to prepare you for Meditation
Develop skills for deeper awareness and self-cultivation.
Space will be limited to maximize contact and personalization, so early registration is highly encouraged.
Classes will be held Saturdays 12-5pm, Sundays 12-4pm on the following weekends:
February 24-25, 2018
March 17-18, 2018
April 14-15, 2018
May 5-6, 2018
May 19-20, 2018
MODULE 1: Foundations of Yin Yoga - Philosophy, Anatomy, Physiology
- Importance of Yin Yoga practice to balance other practices, exercises and lifestyle
- Internal elements: Qi, blood and yin
- Playing your edge: tension vs compression
- Anatomy of the spine, hips and pelvis in relation to Yin Yoga practice
- Physiology of the brain and central nervous system (CNS) in relationship to Yin Yoga practice
- Overview of the 12 Primary Meridians and corresponding Muscle Channels
- Balancing the meridians in preparation for Yin Yoga practice - Sotai and Qi Gong
MODULE 2: Yin Meridians
Day 1: Yin Meridians of the Legs
- Spleen Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
- Liver Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
- Kidney Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
Day 2: Yin Yoga Asana Practice for Yin Leg Meridians - sequencing, limitations and modifications
MODULE 3: Yang Meridians
Day 1: Yang Meridians of the Legs
- Stomach Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
- Gallbladder Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
- Bladder Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
Day 2: Yin Yoga Asana Practice for Yang Leg Meridians - sequencing, limitations and modifications
MODULE 4: Arm Meridians
Day 1: Arm Meridians
- Lung Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
- Pericardium Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
- Heart Meridian pathway, psycho-emotional and physical associations
Day 2: Yin Yoga for Arm Meridians and associations with Leg Meridians- sequencing, limitations and modifications
MODULE 5: Empowered Yin Yoga Teaching and Sharing
Day 1: Sequencing and Modifying
- Sequencing a Yin Yoga practice based on Yin and Yang Meridians
- Properly cueing and guidance of Yin Yoga asanas
- Cautions and contraindications of Yin Yoga asanas
- How to hold space for Yin Yoga practice
Day 2: Meditation and Self-Cultivation
- Yin Yoga to cultivate stillness in our practice and lives
- Yin Yoga as a healing art to prepare the body and mind for Meditation and deeper self-cultivation
This training will include 45 contact hours and 5 non-contact hours for independent study. This program will include bonus guest teachings with Salvador Cefalu, M.S., L.Ac.
NEW YEAR, NEW INTENTIONS
A Special New Year's Eve Yoga & Qi Gong Class
with Setareh Moafi, Ph.D., L.Ac. and Salvador Cefalu, M.S., L.Ac.
Annually on December 31st 10:00 - 11:15am
Join Setareh and Salvador for an integrative practice of Yin/Yang Yoga, Qi Gong and meditation designed to support you to cultivate your intentions and enliven your dreams for the new year. All ages and levels welcome.
Cost: $25 on site. 100% of proceeds will go to the Chronicle Season of Sharing Fund, which focuses on providing local assistance to those facing a crisis, including housing assistance, critical family needs and food banks. The best part of living is giving - please join us to give back to those in need during the holiday season.
This is one of our most popular classes and space is limited.
Meridians & Movement
A transformational Yoga-Qi Gong Immersion
with Setareh Moafi, Ph.D., L.Ac. & Salvador Cefalu, M.S., L.Ac.
Saturday, May 13th 9:30am - 12:30pm
Setareh and Salvador will guide a series of transformational practices designed to target the channel systems of Classical Chinese Medicine to activate the energy of Spring for renewal, rebirth and transformation.
In this workshop you will learn fundamental theory and movement practices to help you:
- Release patterns of chronic stiffness and pain. Movements to free these blockages will allow Qi to flow smoothly and prepare the body for deeper exercises.
- Strengthen and consolidate Qi (energy) to fortify the metabolism, enhance mental clarity, reduce fatigue, and improve sexual, respiratory and digestive health. These practices also support weight loss and help trim the waistline.
Early bird special: $69 through May 1st ($79 thereafter)
Living a Fulfilled Life
A Yoga Integration Intensive
Saturdays 9-11am for 5 weeks: February 13, 20, 27; March 5 & 12 *10 CEUs (2 CEUs per weekend) for Licensed Acupuncturists
Clarity and insight arise from a deeper understanding of the various aspects of our lives, from our health to our relationships. The continuous cultivation of ourselves in relation to these aspects allows us to live a truly fulfilling life.
In this special workshop series, Setareh will guide the 5 Steps to a Fulfilled Life through the 5 elemental energies in relationship to the body, mind and emotions. These steps are: 1. Facing our Fears, 2. Forgiveness & Letting Go, 3, Boundaries & Relationships, 4. Creative Expression & Self-Love, 5. Rebirth & Renewal
In each workshop, Setareh will integrate Chinese Medicine with Yoga, Qi Gong, and Meditation practice specific to each step. The careful blend of lecture and practice will allow you to embody the teachings and integrate them in your practice, relationships, diet, and lifestyle choices.
Dharma Studio is located at 1807 Pruneridge Avenue, Suite C in Santa Clara, two doors to the right & upstairs from our clinic.
* Workshop Cancellation Policy: 80% refund up to two weeks prior to the event date, no refunds thereafter.